Botox and Dysport
The signs of aging can look slightly different on all of us. One thing we can be almost certain of is the appearance of lines and wrinkles that can make us look much older than we feel. If you’re struggling with wrinkles etched into your once-smooth skin, it may be time to consult our professional at OneLife Health and Performance in Palm Beach Gardens, FL to discuss how BOTOX® could help turn back the hands of time on your skin. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and learn more!
What Is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is an FDA-approved injectable made from a purified protein and is a neuromodulator. Neuromodulators work by disrupting the nerve signal that makes certain muscles move.
How Does It Affect Wrinkles?
Certain lines are considered dynamic wrinkles because they result from movement. As you make certain expressions, the skin over the muscles used for those expressions can become etched with wrinkles. Over time, this may leave you with lines that give the appearance that you’re still making those expressions when you’re not.
This can leave you looking angry or upset even when your face is at rest. BOTOX® targets those muscles in order to prevent or limit their movement. The skin on top is given a chance to smooth and relax those wrinkles.
“Dr. Winnard and everyone associated with his practice always go above and beyond. Everyone is so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. You feel at ease when you walk into their beautiful office. Finally found a Doctor that spends quality time with his patients and it is very obvious he truly cares about his patients’ well being!”
Where Can BOTOX® Be Used?
This treatment went from just being used for frown lines to becoming one of the most versatile cosmetic treatments available. Because of its unique ability to affect the signals of nerves, it’s much more than just a wrinkle relaxer.
Lines and Wrinkles
BOTOX® is still the go-to for all dynamic wrinkles. Many people are using this treatment as a preventative measure to stop these wrinkles before they become etched in the skin. Many patients see fantastic results on:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines on the side of the nose
- Fine lines on the upper lip
If your top lip shows more of your gums than you’d like, BOTOX® could help. Used to manipulate the muscles that pull your lip, the injections can relax the muscle just enough so it falls where you’d like it to when you smile.
If you’re unhappy with the way dimpling looks on your chin, this treatment could help relax the muscles causing its appearance.
How Much Does Botox and Dysport Cost?
Dysport and BOTOX® Cosmetic cost varies greatly depending on a variety of criteria. Price is dependent on factors like the number of injections required and the number of wrinkles being treated. Please contact our office for more information.
BOTOX® Cosmetic for Underarm Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
Excessive underarm sweating, known as hyperhidrosis, is an embarrassing condition that can cause uncomfortable situations due to constant sweating and the foul odor that may emanate from it. This condition is the result of hyperactive sweat glands which cannot be treated with over-the-counter antiperspirants or products. Research shows that nearly 2-3% of the population in the U.S. suffers from excessive underarm sweating.
Fortunately, BOTOX® Cosmetic has been approved by the FDA as a solution to excessive sweating. It offers many benefits for tackling this embarrassing condition. Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic for excessive sweating include:
- Immediate relief
- Completely eliminates excessive sweating and odor
- No negative side effects
- Can easily be maintained with repeat injections
- Does not require surgery or any downtime
- More cost-effective than other treatments
BOTOX® Cosmetic has been shown to have an 82-87% decrease in underarm sweating with results lasting from 4 to 12 months.
How Long Do The Results Last?
The results and their longevity vary from patient to patient based on a variety of factors. Generally speaking, they tend to last for multiple months at a time before follow-up injections become necessary for ongoing results.
How is BOTOX® Different for Men vs Women?
As Botox becomes more popular each year, it’s important to understand that there are subtle differences in how BOTOX® Cosmetic works between men and women. While it’s just as safe for men as it is for women and the results are the same, the way in which it is administered and the techniques used vary somewhat. Some of the differences include:
- Men need more: Because men have more muscle in their forehead, it generally takes more of the product to achieve the desired results than it does for women. On average women generally require 30-50 units of BOTOX® Cosmetic whereas men generally require 50-80 units.
- Difference in brow shape: One of the most important things for natural-looking BOTOX® is the brow shape. Obtaining an aesthetically-pleasing brow shape is key for both men and women. Women tend to have a gentle arch for their brow while men generally have a lower, straighter brow line.
- Precision in technique: Because of the difference in brow shape, it takes a highly-trained individual to deliver the precise amount in the right locations to achieve optimal results for both men and women. Men also tend to have higher hairlines than women which require BOTOX® to be administered higher and more accurately to produce natural-looking results.
Because of these slight differences between the sexes, we recommend having your BOTOX® performed by a trusted injectables specialist so that you can get the best results.
Make Your Appointment Today
Why wait for a younger-looking appearance when BOTOX® injections are readily available at OneLife Health and Performance led by Dr. Winnard in Palm Beach Gardens, FL? To learn more about this popular treatment and your candidacy for it, contact us today and schedule a consultation!